Are you a confident people-person, used to making contacts at all levels? Do you have a meticulous attention to detail and take pride in getting the job done first time? Are you a flexible self-starter, ready for responsibility?
If so, the British Embassy is looking for a Political Assistant to make contacts and appointments for the Ambassador, the Deputy Head of Mission and all members of the Political Team. The job-holder will be responsible for maintaining key Embassy databases and setting up an alumni group for our prestigious Chevening scholars. The successful candidate will report to a member of the Embassy’s Political Team, but will also work with senior colleagues across the Embassy as well as colleagues in London and other posts.
Estate Admin Officer (IB4)
(12 months contract)
Are you an experienced manager, an innovative, energetic self-starter? Do you thrive on challenge, have the drive and resilience to see a job through, and set and observe high standards of customer service?
If so, the British Embassy are looking for an experienced Estates Admin Officer to join our busy and dynamic Corporate Services team at a time of rapid change. The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Services Manager and will be responsible for ensuring all estates administration delivery to the whole Embassy.
The successful candidate will:
- Daily supervision and oversight of the upkeep of the Embassy and Consulate Site. This will include ensuring that the Embassy and Consulate are properly cleaned and kept in working order. You will liaise with the maintenance team as needed responding to requests from other sections of the Embassy.
- Responsibility for global procurement of estates inventories. Liaising with suppliers in Indonesia, and elsewhere such as the UK and Hong Kong. Use the Embassy’s procurement software to raise Purchase orders and take receipt of goods.
- Line manage IB IV management assistant (inventory). To assist with the movement of staff into and out of residential properties on arrival and departure.
- Manage the Embassy’s Amenity property. Run the booking system and liaise with the compound management.
- Manage the in house cleaning staff.
- Manage and maintain cleaning roster for the Embassy and Consulate office.
- Maintain a record of Embassy’s properties using the Embassy’s Estate Management Database.
- Monitor Utility usage for Offices and Residences. Enter data on to the FCO’s Carbon Calculator to monitor Carbon usage by the Embassy and its staff.
- Responding to other related estates tasks as necessary, i.e: gardening, etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree – Majoring in Administration
- Experience in administrative work for a minimum 3 years. Ideally, property and estates focussed.
- Be a self starter, reliable, and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent in English and Bahasa Indonesia (speaking and reading skills).
- Good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and patience.
- IT Capable (MsOffice, Windows vista, Oracle)
- Having interest in Property and Environmental Issues.
The successful candidate will get:
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. It offers an attractive package of compensation and benefits.
How to apply
To apply please submit, a copy of your CV (maximum 3 pages), salary history, 2 references from previous employers, 1 passport size photograph and a letter explaining your suitability for this position to:
Please not that all applications not sent to email address above will not be taken into consideration. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply. The position is subject to achieving the necessary level of security clearance.
Deadline & Start Date
Deadline for submission is noon on the 27 May 2010. We hope that the successful candidate will start work as soon as possible.
No related posts.